I made this cake topper for my sweet niece's 2nd birthday. The Carebears (Cheer Bear and Wish Bear) seemed very fitting for a birthday!
To make the bears:
- Head = Fancy Flower punch, trimmed
- Face/Ears = 1/2" circle punch
- Belly = 1-1/4" and 1-3/4" circle punches
- Feet = 3/4" circle punch, new Heart punch
- Arms = Large Oval punch
Once each piece was punched out, I shaded around all parts with their respective colours (Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana). Cheer Bears belly was made by punching out a Large oval and then raising the punch about 1/8" and punching again, to give a small arch. I used Real Red, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight, Gumball Green, Pacific Point, Island Indigo and Rich Razzleberry. For Wish Bear the star trail was made the same was (with the Large oval punch) using So Saffron, Daffodil Delight and Hello Honey.
The pompoms were made with the new Thick Baker's Twine in Strawberry Slush and Coastal Cabana. These were "fun" to make.
Check out the challenge for FM#171:
- Create a project with "Pom Poms"
- Create a project with "Punch Art"
- Or Mash it Up! and create a "Punch Art project with Pom Poms on it"
Here's the cake topper on the actual cake with my beautiful niece (who just happened to be wearing a Coastal Cabana coloured dress!)
Thanks for stopping by!